The Stylistpick guide to high heels
Whatever your heel needs, Stylistpick have them covered. For those who like it sweet and down low, the good news is that wedge heels are here to stay, as are chunky heels and statement block heels shoes. Girlie girls will no doubt be opting for low kitten heels, safe in the knowledge they are totally on trend (think Erdem). Feeling brave and a little 80s? The red high heel is back, thanks to designers like Giles – fab with skinnies for a Mod touch. And who doesn’t love a little embellishment?
Join Stylistpick today for access to our limited edition monthly collections
5 rules for
walking in heels
- Don't wait until your big night out to discover that your shoes hurt – especially if you’re a heel novice. Break in your new shoes at home - spend at least two hours walking about in them to ease the fabric.
- Wear your shoes at home for 20 minutes before going out in them for the first time to soften them up and get your feet used to their shape.
- For those who are new to heels or rarely wear them, gradually increase the inches – even La Beckham wasn’t born in six-inch spikes.
- Balance is key. Be aware of your stomach muscles, lower back, inside thighs and pelvic floor. Relax your knees – it’s too is easy to become tense when in high heels.
- Don’t rush. Nothing looks more sexy and confident than a woman who is taking her time. Also, you’re less likely to fall flat on your face if you glide slowly than totter quickly.